The Foster Service at Portsmouth City Council attends and hosts a number of recruitment events throughout the year across the city, to offer advice and guidance to people interested in becoming a foster carer for the council and providing a stable family home for a child who needs one.
If you are interested in fostering, please come along to one of our upcoming recruitment events, where you can talk to our highly qualified staff and current foster carers who will gladly answer any questions you may have, and share their experiences:
1. Victorian Christmas Festival, Friday November 28th to Sunday November 30th, 10am - 6pm, stall F25 on Anchor Lane (near the cinema screen)
2. Drop In sessions at the Civic Offices in Guildhall Walk, dates tbc
3. Fostercare Fortnight, May 2015, various venues tbc
4. Spinnaker Tower Event, Free entry to the Tower, a date tbc in May or September 2015
You could be a foster carer:
- if you have a spare room
- if you have the commitment to care for a child or young person
- regardless of your marital status or sexuality
- whether you own your home or rent
- if you are an adult (there is no upper age limit)
- if you work full time – providing family link or supportive lodgings care could suit you
- whether you live in Portsmouth or the surrounding area
The council’s fostering service was assessed as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in September 2010. Portsmouth offer competitive rates, mentoring, training and development, supervision and networking, including out of hours support.